Opening for Choir Director:
Resumes should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Choir Director, First United Methodist Church of Mabank, TX
FUMC Mabank is located in the Cedar Creek Lake area, approximately 60 miles Southeast of Dallas on US Highway175.
This Choir Director opportunity is a part-time, paid position requiring approximately 10-15 hours/week, with the flexibility to accommodate the schedules of full time teachers.
- Must be a committed Christian and supportive of the mission of the church.
- The ability to lead and teach diverse styles of music to people with various levels of musical ability.
- Good oral and written communication skills and organizational skills.
- Must pass a criminal background check and drug screen and must obtain and maintain certification in Ministry Safe training, which will be provided by FUMC.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead and conduct the Chancel Choir for 10:00 Sunday worship service.
- Scheduling and conducting weekly choir rehearsals for a group of 10-15 people, working closely with the organist and pianist.
- Selection of music for worship by the congregation in a traditional United Methodist setting.
- Managing the music ministries budget.
- Arranging for guest soloists or ensembles as needed.
- Managing the music library appropriately with regard to copyright regulations.
- Supporting all ministries and programs of the church where a musical component is needed.
POTENTIAL FUTURE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conducting the 10-12 member Chancel Bell Choir.
- Overseeing the development of the children’s music program, including a chime choir.
Please contact the Church at (903) 887-3691 for more information, we would love to hear from you!