Important Reopening Guidelines for FUMC Mabank Worship Services
Effective Sunday June 7, 2020
Worship in the Sanctuary Protocols: August 16, 2020:
Dear Church Family,
On Sunday, August 16th, we will once again worship in the Sanctuary. Although we will be moving back into the Sanctuary, we will still be observing the guidelines put forth by the state and church officials. With that in mind, here are the guidelines for this coming Sunday and future weeks:
- All of the parking spaces on the north side of the building (behind the bell) will be designated as handicapped spaces. Those folks may use the north entrance.
- Everyone else will enter and exit at the main entrance.
- Your nose and mouth must be covered upon entry to the building, and masks and hand sanitizer will still be available at the entrance.
- Social distancing guidelines will be observed at all times.
- Restrooms to be used will remain the same as before (FLC restrooms across from kitchen).
- The rest of the church building will remain closed.
As always, if you are running a fever or otherwise not feeling well, please join us online, as we will still be streaming the services live on YouTube. For assistance with how to do this, or for any other questions you may have, please contact the church at 903-887-3691.
We look forward to another exciting time of worship and hope to see you either in-person or online!
Until then, God bless you and keep you safe!
Face Mask Requirement: Effective Monday, June 29, 2020 @ 11:59 p.m.
As of 11:59 p.m., June 29, 2020, First UMC Mabank will begin following the required Health and Safety Policy ordered by the Commissioners Court of Kaufman County regarding the required wearing of face masks/coverings (10 years of age and older) to control and reduce the transmission of COVID-19 per our pastor, Rev. Dan Gurley until further modification or termination of policy by Kaufman County.
The following documentation has been supplied by the Commissioners Court and can be found on the Kaufman County website via